Saturday, August 8, 2015

Wired Ring


This is a new dawn for me, yes - I know it is an awful cliché, but it was the first that came into my mind - sorry. This new way of doing gold leaf has sparked off a creative intensity that I have not had for many a year. Serendipity is such a pleasing experience. The finding out of a thing by accident is truly invigorating. Having dismantled an old phone for pure fascination and anger, because it no longer was useful, I discovered how beautiful the digital board was. And what is more all these boards are hidden away from sight, almost as if they are to be unseen, unheard, the ugly ones. But, it is they that are most fascinating, captivating and enchanting. It seems almost sinfully to cover them up. A lot of old digital equipment has now been dismantled at home, and is being used in my art. Over the next few weeks, images will be uploaded showing the results.

No comments: