Wednesday, July 3, 2019

RWR181 Skeuomorphism


Wow, at last I have managed to upload an image, I don´t know why but chrome was not uploading any image, so I changed to Firefox and was left smiling. I have just learnt a new definition to the style of my art work: Skeuomorphism, to replace the style called Assemblage. The reason for this, is because the definition of skeuomorphic is more appropriate. Skeuomorphism is the taking of an object that used to perform a practical function, and now using it to satisfy a purely aesthetic function. Its appearance now is more important that its role in the past. If you look at my work, I have taken and old mother board from a computer (that used to compute various functions) and now it is part of the canvas, so that it is visually appealing or interesting. It now serves no other purpose that having a visual effect. It has now morphed from practical function to a visual function. This little canvas of 30x30cm has a small digital circuit board that was painted white, and a few other item removed from an old computer.

No comments: