Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Waiting again


This painting was done with the permission of the photographer, and what makes it so interesting(Well, at least to me) is the way in which he took it. He explained that the subject is placed in a dark room with one strong spot light, the camera is set with an aperture time that is very long and placed on a tripod. Once the camera has been engaged, the spot light is moved slowly down the subject, timed in such a way the when the aperture shuts, the spot light has had time to reveal the complete scene. Those of you that studied photography obviously will know more about this process than I do. This impressed me so much that I asked permission to paint a copy and he gave it. Unfortunately I have lost his contact and do not remember his name.

No comments: