Saturday, June 23, 2012

Prometheus


I NEED A TITLE - CAN YOU SUGGEST ONE? Doing the painting is the easiest part, but giving a title is taxing on the imagination. This one has got me stumped, so if you have a suggestion Please let me know. This paint was done with oil bars (W&N), Gold leaf and a sheet taken from my sketch book. But I now have a title thanks to an old friend Terrence. He suggested "Prometheus" For those that need to know why: Classical Mythology .A Titan, the father of Deucalion and brother of Atlas and Epimetheus, who taught humankind various arts and was sometimes said to have shaped humans out of clay and endowed them with the spark of life. For having stolen fire from Olympus and given it to humankind in defiance of Zeus, he was chained to a rock where an eagle daily tore at his liver, until he was finally released by Hercules.

No comments: