Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Quinta de Sapeira


It has been some time since I did some drawings. I have been involved in harvesting grapes and the making of wine. I think that should be a excuse that will hold up to any critical comment. How can an artist paint without the liquid of the Gods? The creation of wine is an art in itself. Have been helping a friend of mine that has a small and very respected wine farm in the center of Portugal. The name of this illustrious little vineyard is "Quinta da Sapeira". "Quinta" meaning farm and "de Sapeira" of the bird of prey that hunts frogs. Unusual to say the least They have won various awards in competitions in Vienna, and each year promises to be better. It is because of this harvesting that I have not completed my goal set out last year: of doing a drawing a day for 365 consecutive days. Having done 289 drawing and then dropping out is just not good enough, so in an effort to redeem myself, I have started to draw again to day. This drawing is a copy of Leonard´s work.

No comments: