Thursday, December 6, 2012

Naked Man

Since I have been on the hunt for images of the most famous drawing masters, I have noticed that there are considerably more drawing of naked men than woman. Apparently it was more expensive to hire a nude male model than female(In that time), but this did not deter them. This is in stark contrast with today, where we think of nude models as woman only. In fact, I heard about an exhibition in one of the towns in Europe, where the theme was male nudes. The public reaction in general was very negative, to the extent that some of the images had to be removed from the shows publicity. (Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the town where this exhibition took place). I think that the public in general, has to rethink their present "Acceptableness".

No comments: