Friday, November 30, 2012

Albrecht Dürer - The Great Master

Don´t all pupils of great master try to emulate them? But do they get it right, that is the vital question? Most don´t. I will be shooting to fit into the group that gets it right. Not right to the extent of being able to forge art work, but rather get the techniques right. I think that I have a long way to go, because understanding the techniques is not the same as being able to use them successfully. However, practice makes perfect. Having completed only a little over 1 month, and with still 11 months ahead, I have become to wonder if there will be enough copies of the masters out there to copy. Take a look at the oeuvre of Michelangelo, he destroyed a lot of his own work, and of that that remains, many educated professionals don´t agree as to which is his or not. There are only about 600 works that the Pros more or less agree upon. Jokes aside: there is more than enough to keep me copying for the rest of my life. To all those out in the big wide world - have a jolly good weekend.

No comments: