Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Project


I was watching a film that was about a woman that wanted to copy/make, every single day for a year, a recipe of a famous American TV cooking instructor, I think the film was called "Julie and Julia" (I will have to check that up). In other words a recipe per day. This got me thinking about being an artist: one of the most fundamental skills an artist needs, is the ability to draw (There are those that will not agree with me, but I think if you can not draw, you can not call yourself an artist), so with these two thoughts in mind, I thought that I would pursue the same goal. A drawing per day for 1 year. But with one fundamental difference: I will not copy the work of a single artist but will choose a different artist each day. So this is the first drawing of a boy playing a flute, but the artist Correggio. I know that essentially I produce works on gold and silver leaf, but drawing skills need to be practiced daily, so here goes.

No comments: