Monday, January 24, 2011

Great News – I have sold two of my gold leaf paintings in Macau. But the best part of this news, is that it was in the aid of setting up the first rehabilitation centre for woman. Up until now, help was given only to men that had an addition problem and the woman were given very little or no help at all.
But things have changed – various government bodies, companies and individuals have stepped up to do there part. So on the 18 October 2010 the first centre for woman was opened up.
Galeria 57, played a huge role in the raising of funds for the organization. The ARTM (Associação de Reabilitação de Toxicodependentes de Macau) organization has been in operation for 10 years. Until now they were working with men in the area of rehabilitation and prevention of drug abuse.
It felt good to know that I have contributed in some way to this organization – ARTM – and hope that in the future I will be able to help again. Should anyone want to know more about the ARTM here is a link - www.artm.org.mo
There address is – Estrada do Campo, 16 R/C, Coloane, Macau.
I have added images of the two small paintings I sold. The frames were silver leafed and finished by me as well.

No comments: